Winnebago County Health Department

How to File Food Complaints

         How to File a Food Complaint 
If you have a food-borne illness complaint, please call the Environmental Health Division at: (815) 720-4100.
We will need the following information to take your complaint: 
            *Personal Information (name, phone number, etc.)
            *Name of Restaurant or Store
            *Address of Restaurant or Store                                  
            *Date purchase was made
            *Type of food
            *What are your symptoms?
If you became physically ill, you will have to speak directly with a Food Inspector. 
REMEMBER: The sooner you call, the sooner we can determine if you have a food borne illness.
Once the complaint is filed with our office, we will send an inspector to investigate within 3-5 business days.